Skilled. Motivated. Dependable.
The 25 county APEG region boasts a workforce of 318,000 people that is skilled, motivated and dependable. People here have a traditional work ethic which they combine with modern skills to make products shipped around the world. Our work force is productive by national standards, earning the faith of more than 30 Fortune 500 companies that have established facilities here. Other attributes of our workforce include: We need some employer testimonials about the workforce quality, productivity, reliability
- The workforce in this region has deep roots in manufacturing. More than 40,000 people are engaged in manufacturing at 1,107 facilities across the region.
- Our workforce offers you both experience and youth. A full 75% of the regional population is 19 to 54 years old.
- The region’s cost of living is below the national average, which results in lower average wage rates than those elsewhere in the Midwest and the nation. Median hourly earnings for all workers are $17.28, which is 15% below the national average.
- Industry concentrations in the region demonstrate our workforce’s readiness to meet your needs. The region’s industrial strengths include primary and fabricated metals, chemicals, polymers, power generation, food processing, hardwood lumber, paper, automotive suppliers, distribution centers, and natural gas production and processing.
- Review our Regional Wage Report for average pay level for select positions in our region. Customized reports on regional occupations and wages are available for companies considering APEG-located projects.
- Manufacturing Extension Partnership provides customized training at a reduced rate to employers in the region.
- Customized training for workers is also available from a network of 9 technical career schools and 7 technical and community colleges. The region also has 11 colleges and universities (and branch campuses) that can offer bachelors, masters and doctoral degrees.
- JobsOhio offers a talent acquisition service. Major development projects will receive help creating and implementing a recruitment strategy tailored specifically to its operating environment, skill need and hiring deadlines.
- OhioMeansJobs is a state agency with offices throughout Ohio. They provide a variety of employer services at the local level including an online resume bank, applicant screening, financial assistance programs and more.