APEG Can Help
APEG Connects You to Growth
APEG is a private non-profit economic development organization that works with companies to facilitate growth, capital investment and job creation throughout southern and eastern Ohio. As one of six JobsOhio’s regional partners, APEG serves as the region’s field staff for JobsOhio programs and inititatives. We connect companies with development financing and incentive programs, conduct site and building searches, and serve as a liaison to state and local agencies to help expedite business development projects.
APEG works through local development organizations to help complete business projects using a team approach. We coordinate with JobsOhio and local developers, help assemble the right information and resources, and help simplify your project decision-making and streamline implementation..
APEG assists businesses in accessing JobsOhio economic development incentive and financial assistance programs. These programs are available to eligible development projects. Eligibility is determined on a case-by-case basis and depends on job creation, job retention, capital investment, wage rates and total payroll, return on investment to Ohio, industry classification, interstate competition, and other factors.
APEG provides business development services in the following areas:
- Site Selection: APEG maintains an inventory of industrial sites and buildings and can help your company find a new location.
- Financing: APEG can introduce you to a variety of funding programs designed to complement your conventional financing.
- JobsOhio Growth Fund
- Ohio 166 Direct loan
- Ohio Research and Development Investment Loan Fund
- Ohio Enterprise Bond Fund
- Innovation Ohio Loan Fund
- Local development organizations can also provide financing options at regional and local revolving loan programs, state and federal agencies, and local banks.
- Tax Exemptions & Grants: APEG can introduce you to cost savings opportunities through development incentive programs such as:
- Ohio Job Creation Tax Credit
- JobsOhio Grant
- JobsOhio Workforce Grant
- Ohio Roadwork Development Fund
- JobsOhio Site Revitalization Program
- Data Center Sales Tax Exemption
- Local development organizations can help you access a variety of local incentives such as tax credits and real property tax exemptions through the Ohio Enterprise Zone program.
- Workforce: The APEG team can introduce you to numerous resources designed to help identify and supply you with qualified workforce as well as assistance with training. Here are some the key resources related to work force development in the region.
- Permitting Assistance: Before a business can start operations, or in some cases even start constructing a facility, a variety of state and local permits may be needed. Typically, permits from the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency (OEPA) are the most critical for manufacturing operations. The U.S. EPA has delegated environmental permitting authority to the OEPA which means no additional permitting by the U.S. EPA is required in Ohio. APEG – JobsOhio has relationships with the OEPA Director’s Office and can connect companies and facilitate meetings with the OEPA to provide guidance on required permits and the application process. APEG can help assure the OEPA permit application and approval process is streamlined and efficient.
APEG Has The Resources To Fuel Your Growth!